Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Stuck" in Cincinnati

A friend of mine posted this excellent article on Facebook today (thanks, Kim!).  Among other things, it reminded me of all the awesome that is Cincinnati.  Being winter, I find that I kind of get down on our city, not being a big fan of cold weather.  The impending move to downtown has rejuvenated my spirit - so I will list here what I'm looking forward to most in my new/old Over the Rhine home:



1. Walking to Findlay Market on the weekends and doing my shopping there.
2. Dojo Gelato for breakfast on Saturday mornings.
3. New photography projects in OTR.
4. No more yardwork.
5. Using the the Main Branch of the Public Library; Cincinnati's public library system is amazing.
6. Hanging on the doggy patio of Neon's in the summer; I'm not sure how Evildog will behave but I'm gonna give it a try.  dumBella will not be trying.
7. Making new friends and meeting up with friends that already live downtown.
8. My new (old) kitchen stove - it's original to the 1860 house I'm moving into.  It's so cool.
9. The architecture. Did you know that OTR has the largest collection of Italianate architecture in the US?
10. Did I mention NO yardwork?

No comments: