Thursday, December 29, 2011

"Oh the Places You'll Go"

My amazing daughter bought me this bracelet for Christmas.  I know we all think our children are amazing.  But, Ceeanna and I have a pretty incredible bond built by years of having to be there for each other.  It has been just the two of us since she turned 4 years old.  We had our moments - as all mothers/daughters do - but they never lasted more than a few minutes; an hour tops. We both love Dr. Seuss and she thought this bracelet was perfect to remind me of all the new adventures I have coming up this year. She's the one who actually found my apartment.  We were driving around the Brewery District downtown and she saw the sign on the fence and wrote down the number, then texted me the next day at least 3 times to ask if I had called it. I finally did and everything fell into place from there. She's so much more proactive than me; I'm trying harder to be more like her. On her visits home we will be having breakfasts of Dojo Gelato (peanut butter/sriracha is my fave; she likes the caramel/sea salt) or Taste of Belgium for freshly made Belgian Waffles.

"And when things start to happen,
don't worry.  Don't stew.
Just go right along.
You'll start happening too.

OH!
THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!"

No comments: